Section: Other Grants and Activities
Actions Funded by the EC
Coordination action FOCUS K3D
Participants : Pierre Alliez, Jean-Daniel Boissonnat, Mariette Yvinec.
Web page: http://www.focusk3d.eu/ .
FOCUS K3D (ICT-2007-214993) is a Coordination Action of the European Union's 7th Framework Programme. The other consortium members are:
– Istituto di Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche - Unità Organizzativa di Genova - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR-IMATI-GE), Italy.
– Center for Research and Technology - Thessaly - Laboratory for Information Technology Systems and Services (CERETETH), Greece.
– École Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne - VRlab (EPFL), Switzerland.
– Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung, Germany.
– Université de Genève - MIRALab, Switzerland.
– SINTEF, Norway.
– Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
The aim of FOCUS K3D is to foster the comprehension, adoption and use of knowledge intensive technologies for coding and sharing 3D media content in application communities by: (i) exploiting the scientific and technological advances in the representation of the semantics of 3D media to increase awareness of the new technologies for intelligent 3D content creation and management; (ii) building user-driven scenarios to evaluate and adapt the technologies so far developed to the requirements of application environments; and (iii) fostering a shift of role of 3D content users, from passive consumers of technologies to active creators.
- Starting date: March 2008.
- Duration: 2 years.