Animation of the scientific community
Editorial boards of scientific journals
- J-D. Boissonnat is a member of the editorial board of Discrete and Computational Geometry , Algorithmica and the International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications . He is also on the editorial board of the Springer Verlag book series on Geometry and Computing.
- M. Teillaud is a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications .
- M. Yvinec is a member of the editorial board of Journal of Discrete Algorithms .
- P. Alliez, S. Pion (chair), M. Teillaud and M. Yvinec are members of the cgal editorial board.
- P. Alliez is a member of the editorial board of The Visual Computer and Computers & Graphics .
Conference program committees
- Pierre Alliez was paper co-chair of the EUROGRAPHICS Symposium on Geometry Processing (SGP) held in Copenhagen. He was a member of the program committees of EUROGRAPHICS, Pacific Graphics, Shape Modeling International, ACM Symposium on Solid and Physical Modeling, and Symposium on 3D Data Processing, Visualization and Transmission.
- Jean-Daniel Boissonnat was a member of the program committee of SGP'08.
- Monique Teillaud was the program committee chair of SoCG'08, 24th Annual Symposium on Computational Geometry.
- F. Chazal was a member of the program committees of SPM'08 and WALCOM'09.
- S. Oudot was a member of the program committee of SGP'08.
- D. Cohen-Steiner was a member of the program committee of SGP'08.
Ph.D. thesis and HDR committees
— Jean-Daniel Boissonnat was a member of the PhD committee of Camille Wormser (EPI Geometrica), A. Illoul (CNAM), B. Vallet (EPI Alice), G. Dupuy (Université de Pau).
— Olivier Devillers was a member of the PhD committee of Abdelkrim Mebarki.
— Mariette Yvinec was a member of the PhD committee of Camille Wormser.
— Frédéric Chazal was a member of the PhD committee of Pierre Gaillard (CEA).
— Pierre Alliez was reviewer for the PhD of Christopher Dyken (University of Olso), Johan Seland (University of Olso), and Olivier Guillot (Université de La Rochelle).
— David Cohen-Steiner was a member of the PhD committee of Dmitriy Morozov (Duke University).
- Pierre Alliez is member of the « Comité des cours et colloques » at INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée, member of the COST GTAI (Conseil d'orientation scientifique et technologique, groupe de travail actions incitatives) and member of the comission d'animation scientifique.
- Agnès Bessière is member of the « Comité des utilisateurs des moyens informatiques des services du centre de recherche INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée » (CUMIS)
- Jean-Daniel Boissonnat chairs the INRIA Evaluation Board.
- Monique Teillaud is a member of the INRIA Evaluation Board, the INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée Color (COopérations LOcales de Recherche) Commission, and the INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée CSD (Committee for Doctoral Studies).
- Mariette Yvinec is member of the « Comité des utilisateurs des moyens informatiques de recherche de l'INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée » (CUMIR)
- Frédéric Chazal is a member of the “Commission scientifique” at INRIA Saclay - Île de France
- Jean-Daniel Boissonnat is member of the « Commission de spécialistes » of the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Paris.
- Sylvain Pion is member of the experts group of AFNOR for the standardization of the C++ language within the ISO/WG21 working group.
- Sylvain Pion is member of the IEEE-1788 working group for standardization of interval arithmetic.
- Monique Teillaud organized, with Andreas Fabri from Geometry Factory , the CGAL Prospective Workshop on Geometric Computing in Periodic Spaces, October 20, 2008.
Several researchers form various fields (mechanics, material engineering, cosmology, astrophysics, biology) met at this workshop. They all share the fact that they make simulations in periodic domains. Our prototype software computing 3D periodic triangulations  ,  ,  was presented to them, and they expressed their needs. http://www.cgal.org/Events/PeriodicSpacesWorkshop/ .
- Sylvain Pion organized, with Jean-Paul Rigault from the PULSAR project-team, a one week meeting of WG21, the ISO working group for the standardization of the C++ programming language, in June at INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée. There were about 60 attendants, working on finishing the next major revision of the standard, C++0x. At this opportunity, two public talks have been given, the first one by Bjarne Stroustrup, the inventor of C++, and the other one by Lawrence Crowl from Google, the videos can be found at http://www.inria.fr/sophia/geometrica/events/WG21_meeting_june_2008/public_talks.html .
- Monique Teillaud is maintaining the Computational Geometry Web Pages http://www.computational-geometry.org/ , hosted by INRIA. This site offers general interest information for the computational geometry community, in particular the Web proceedings of the Video Review of Computational Geometry, part of the Annual Symposium on Computational Geometry.